Vermilion Councilman, Ward III.
Chairman: Streets, Building & Grounds Committee.
- Successfully spearheaded the search for additional resources to repair the worst of Vermilion’s streets left unfunded by the Streets Levy Fund.
- Worked to preserve the historic character of buildings in Vermilion’s Harbortown District.
- Developed report proving the national relationship between regulated historic districts and increased property values.
- Authored comprehensive policies for Vermilion’s parks.
- With Parks Supervisor Dana Corogin, managed development of Friendship Park on the site of old ambulance garage. Friendship Park won Heritage Ohio’s Urban Project of the Year Award in 2014.
- Publicity Chairman promoting Vermilion parks activities and features to local media.
Main Street Vermilion, Marketing Committee.
- Worked to develop new business for downtown merchants, studied visitor patterns to Vermilion, placed web and print promotions for Vermilion activities.
- Helped raise private funds to acquire the Inland Seas Museum property for the city of Vermilion.
- $1.65 million raised. No tax dollars.
- This beautiful lakefront land is secured for use by the residents of Vermilion for future generations.
- Helped generate support for passage of dedicated road repair levy in 2013 to address Vermilion’s deteriorated city roads.
- Currently reviewing architects and plans for restoration of the Vermilion’s Inland Seas Museum property.